Finding & Getting Help from Other Organisations
We hope that some of the information from our COVID-19 Help Page was useful but there also may be other problems that other charities and local organisations are better placed to help you and your family with.
We have compiled some key local information on areas such as help with getting food & supplies or Mental Health Support. Please check back regularly for updates.
- Burbank Community Centre. Telephone, 07472 358704 or search 'poolietimeexchange' on Facebook. They are distributing food and hot meals.
- Hartlepool Foodbank. Telephone 01429 598404, based at 28 Church Street, Hartlepool. Check their facebook page for opening times.
- Hartlepool Food Network. Telephone 07976 763656, collecting unwanted fresh food and sharing it with people in need.
- Welfare Helpline (HBC) - 01429 284284 for those on a low/ no income, those applying for benefits and waiting for payments, those in financial hardship. They can help with access to food vouchers, gas/electricity top ups, microwaves/kettles/slow cookers etc.
- Support Hub Helpline (HBC) - aimed at those self-isolating or unable to leave home. The Support Hub offers, information and advice, emotional support, delivery of food and prescriptions and links to other services. Operating 10-4 Mondays to Fridays, 10-2 Saturdays. The hub can be contacted by calling 01429 272905, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families Helpline - Changing Futures North East 0 1429 891444 - offering relationship support to families who might be struggling in these difficult time
Domestic Abuse Helpline - Harbour - Telephone 03000 20 25 25 (24 hours a day)
Mental Health Support - Hartlepool & East Durham Mind - Telephone 07377 140 141
Personal Crisis Helpline - Samaritans Call free on 116 123 24 hours a day.
Remember, if you are in personal danger, if you feel you are about to harm yourself or someone else, then call 999 or go to your nearest accident and emergency (use the “need urgent help” button above for more information)
Click here for a detailed list of services and organisations that can help adults with finances, food, utilities, specific organisations that help adults who have suffered abuse and mental health support.