Understanding & Explaining Covid-19
Helpful ways to explain and talk about the virus for the whole family.
It can be difficult for children (and adults!) to understand, process and explain what is going on during these times. An excellent starting point is the Family Tool Kit, click here to download it.
Other ways you can explain it to children and young people could be in a story!
- Manula Molina has illustrated a wonderful story aimed at children under 7. It's a short visual story, that puts Coronavirus into simple terms that make it seem less scary. You can click here to download it.
- 'The Stay Home Superheroes' is a story from, 'Sophie's Stories, a therapeutic writing service. It explains to children how important is it to stay at home and by doing so, they are Superheroes!
- Understanding Coronavirus, a story aimed at children with additional needs.
- Beating the Virus a story for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- A Guide to Coronavirus for Kids, by the Children's Commissioning Service.
- Support for Young People- Anna Freud Centre
- Tackling the Issue as a Whole Family- Anna Freud Centre
The Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health have released some information on what you and your child may expect to happen to you if you have to go into hospital. Being prepared and informed can make things seem slightly less scary, you can read it here.