On Friday 15th February we held our annual conference #RelationshipsMatter2019. RM2019 continued the work started by last year’s #ThroughTheirEyes campaign, which set out to raise awareness of the impact of inter-parental conflict on children amongst parents and professionals. This year we focused on supporting professionals to have the skills and confidence to recognise and respond to relationship distress with new parents and parents caring for with children with additional needs.
Feedback from attendees was very positive.
· 92% of respondents agreed that after the conference they would include work to strengthen the quality of the parental couple relationship in their practice
· 94% agreed that as a result of the day they had the knowledge and resources to support couple relationships
· “Today I learned parental conflict is normal and if relationships are discussed by all agencies we will remove the stigma.”
· “Today I learned it’s okay to argue, that it is a healthy part of relationships but it is the level and type and repair after arguing and recognising that’s important.”
· “The best part of the day was hearing about how ‘normal’ parental conflict is (especially after a baby is born) and the tools available to discuss this with families.”
Click here to read the summary of all feedback we received.
We would like to say a big thank you to all attendees and speakers for making the day such an exciting event and being part of showcasing the fantastic work practitioners and the community in Hartlepool are doing to support relationships!
Healthy Relationships Partnership Team